Comment on page
An Identity Oracle Solution for User Data
- Clique builds identity oracles that verify the provenance of off-chain user behavior and identity data and perform computation (statistical, privacy-preserving, etc.) on top of it, before signing the data and feeding them into on-chain contracts. Smart contracts can verify these signatures on-chain, as well as the zero-knowledge proofs, SGX attestations, and notarization documents that may come with it.
- We support arbitrary data retrieval from web2 servers that support TLS sessions, with two primary approaches:
- The TEE-based approach, or Sibyl (already in production). This approach makes TLS-based API calls within secure enclaves like Intel SGX, where identity authentication and data computation are also performed. Zero-knowledge proofs can also be directly generated within the enclave.
This documentation details Clique's different interfaces for developers to interact with our underlying oracles. As of now, they are broken into three different components:
- The Provenance SDK: This is an off-chain SDK that allows developers to access the computational pipelines (as well as the privacy-preserving layer that can be selectively stacked upon them) that our oracles provide. Some of the sample applications include the following
- Generic Sybil resistance services for your protocol (e.g. Mantle is using this feature for their testnet faucet token issuance)
- Find the high-value users within your community to distribute directional incentives to them (e.g. Phaver is using this feature to issue Lens whitelists)
- The Attestation SDK: This is a smart contract-based SSI framework for creating on-chain identity attestations and verifying them. Zero-knowledge proofs (set-membership proofs and range proofs can be coupled with the SDK to preserve user anonymity and data confidentiality).
- The TEE Oracle (Sibyl) Client: You can directly apply to run an SGX-enabled identity oracle node with the client that we provide. Alternatively, you can extend the existing pipelines that we offer through Sibyl with custom APIs that you want to query in a confidential environment.
Clique's Product Offerings
Our oracle nodes (Pythia) handle all the computation logic to extract business insights from raw user behavior data.
- Social oracle nodes perform in-depth analyses of user contributions, loyalty, and influence on different social media platforms. They also create a layer of Sybil resistance checks based on combinatorics of basic metrics and statistical algorithms.
- Supported platforms: Twitter, Discord, Instagram, Spotify, etc.
- Gaming oracle nodes identify whether user gaming skill levels, purchase power, play histories, etc. They are mostly used by GameFi projects and guilds to screen users and build gaming reputation systems.
- Supported platforms: LOL, Steam, Dota, PUBG, CSGO, Apex Legends, etc.
- Privacy-preserving computing nodes use ZKPs and TEEs to deliver de-sensitized statements with verifiable attestations. User data handled this way usually has higher privacy requirements — banking statements, KYC checks, etc.
- Supported platforms: Plaid, BOA, Jumio, Sumsub, OpenAI, etc.
- Encryption: When user Auth tokens (or other private credentials) are passed through smart contracts they need to be encrypted first. Right now, this is done through a basic PKI structure. To enable decentralized computation in the future, we are implementing a threshold encryption extension to allow multiple nodes to decrypt the secrets.